We are looking to give a placement opportunity to a student from a Quantity Surveying degree course, to work on a construction pipeline of work in and around the Newcastle area.
Your role will involve a wide range of construction related duties as detailed below:
• Preparation of sub-contract packages for competitive tender enquiries, evaluation of returned tenders.
• Preparation of building material schedules which are sent out for competitive tender. Evaluation of returned tenders.
• Liaison with site managers to ensure materials are scheduled and ordered to site requirements and timings.
• Liaison with utility companies with regards to new contracts supplies.
• Assist the Senior Quantity Surveyor in the checking of sub-contract invoicing.
• Attendance at pre-start meetings with sub-contractors to discuss programme of works etc.
• Ensuring that all current drawings are filed on both the electronic and hard copy systems, and that all revisions are copied and issued to site.
• Liaison with Builders Merchants to order miscellaneous small items of materials and plant e.g. PPE.
• Liaison with clients and client representatives regarding scheduling and completion of snagging items.
• Assist in collating cost information to produce final account statements.
• Perform any other general administrative duties, as required.
In the first instance, please register your interest by submitting your CV with covering correspondence to Allison Harrison, Group Operations Director, firstname.lastname@example.org
Details of salary, hours and holiday entitlement will be confirmed at interview.
Deadline: Friday 26th January 2018. Early applications are encouraged.